The family portrait of the previous post are actual prints of the Rock Portrait series.
- The idea of printing a portrait of our family on a rock started when we lived in Norway (2009-2013)
- The bricks (street pavement) were collected when we lived in Beijing (2013-2016)
- The portraits were captured just before dear daughter left Singapore in 2018
- All those element were assembled sometimes in 2019
- Come 2020 and just before the movers had to pack them I took some pictures of the rock since I realized I never made the final art piece I wanted to make of them* but wanted to keep some prints in Singapore
In conclusion I have a very slow process between the genesis of an idea and the completion (10+ years) 😉
* it’s a moving piece (more 3D than 2D): each side of the bricks have different portraits and grouping of people. Front is our individual portraits, back is Parents Vs Children and the sides are each parent with a different child.
from Tumblr https://ift.tt/3mekSCA